Wednesday, December 13

Free Meds

Ha. This isn't your typical blog entry today, no. There are some perks (or rather, inconveniences) to moving into a house previously owned by an MD. For example, sometimes we get free samples in the mail. A couple of years ago it was for something, I can't even remember what. I called in to say that Robert McElhaney no longer lived here. They said to "dispose" of the meds. I passed them off to a friend of someone. I can't really remember. But I haven't received any since.

I am, however, on my third box of Prilosec. You may have heard of it... it's a popular over-the-counter medication for heartburn these days. Perhaps you know someone who uses it, or maybe you even take it yourself. I need to hear from you!! I've been told again to "dispose" of it when I call. Well, I'm not going to waste it, and I've already given the first two boxes to my friend's aunt. I think she's set for a couple of years. :) I will add that it's quite disappointing when UPS visits my house and this is what they drop off. Bummer. They could at least be sending me some Advil or children's medication... something we actually use around here. Anyway, please let me know if you or someone you know could use some free Prilosec. My sister also suggested donating it to a clinic which I think is a very good idea. So if I have any left, I'll check with a couple of doctors/nurses I know who volunteer their time at a local clinic. (If you fit in this category, speak out please.)

p.s. You'll probably want to email me if you'd like to partake in this freebie. I will do my best to get it to you. I wish you and yours a heartburn-free holiday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're two years too late, Kris! During chemotherapy I was on Prilosec for two or three months. I could have used a free supply then. But I am very glad to not have need for it now. Hopefully you'll find an outlet for it. I think giving it to a free clinic is a very good idea.

Aunt Marilyn

Kris said...

Well, Aunt Marilyn, I'm sorry I'm two years two late... but not sorry that you are over and done with that point in your life. It is such a gift to the rest of us that you are alive and well!!

Yes, I do like the free clinic idea. I haven't heard from anyone yet, so that looks like the way I'm heading...

Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree, donating it to a clinic is probably the best use of the meds. I could have used them with either pregnancy but it is fair to say that I am not pregnant and don't have heartburn right now!!!