Monday, December 11
Morning Surprise
Pete woke up to a surprise this morning. The Corolla wouldn't start. One might think the battery was dead on a cold morning like this. So he opened the hood and found "a wad of paper and stuffing." He called over to our neighbor, Don, who is a car salesman and just a knowledgable guy when it comes to stuff like this. He suggested a mouse probably climbed in there and made a nest... maybe ate through a wire or something. Nice. Fortuantely Pete was able to get the car started after a few more minutes.

2 comments:
Update: Pete brought the nest home to me last evening. It's very craftfully designed with pieces of insulation, paper towel, wheat, and who knows what else. To be honest, it kind of freaks me out since he thinks it probably happened in our garage. I'm not big on tiny rodents. Not I'm fearful that any time I go to open something up, a little mouse might jump out at me! I suppose I could stick Elly out there and let her scare it off...
Yeah, that would gross me out as well. I am not a fan of rodents myself. I'm glad he could get the car started, though! It is one thing to be home all day and another to have to be home all day because you have no transportation!
Post a Comment