My goal this month is to plan my menu as much as possible around the food already in my fridge, freezer, and cupboards. I still need to hit the grocery store to get fresh produce, other necessities, and items to complete my meals. It's been fun, though, to see what I have and attempt to work with it. Plus it saves money! I'd love to take some of the money I'm saving and do a grocery trip just to buy items for a food pantry. Perhaps Emma and I will make a special trip in the next week or so. I'll let you know.
Here are my meals for this week:
Sunday - Grilled steaks, baked sweet potatoes, broccoli and cheese, oatmeal bread
Monday - dhal over rice, cucumber yogurt salad
Tuesday - leftovers
Wednesday - lasagna (I froze an extra one when I made this last month!), cheesy bread, salad
Thursday - Pete's work Christmas party
Friday - Vegetable Chili, Cornbread, cheese
Saturday or Sunday - Chicken Enchiladas, spanish rice, corn

1 comment:
I am interested in how you make your chicken ench. We had them Sunday and then E and I had leftover lunch on Monday, He loves them and can't get enough..and you know its not easy to get a kid to love food sometimes. Let me know
Post a Comment