

How this year has flown by!! Today our little Andrew Jacob turned one year old. We had celebrated in PA over Thanksgiving with a little party, but I couldn't resist celebrating again this evening. I know he wouldn't have known the difference and certainly he (nor did any of us) didn't need more sugar, but I couldn't let the day go without something special. So Emma and I made cupcakes this afternoon and frosted them.
His reaction with both treats was just priceless. During the party, he looked very intently at the piece of cake, studied it, slowly stuck his finger in the cool whip (we used this in place of frosting), then studied it some more and eventually licked his finger. It was then time to dig in. I thought he'd be less hesitant today since he had already experienced the taste of sugar. But this time, he stuck several fingers in the frosting (it was cream cheese frosting) and just moved them around for a while... feeling the texture. He did all this with a content smile on his face, of course. After a good minute (I mean it), he tasted it. He must have approved.
It's been such a joy to watch Andrew's personality develop over the past year. He really is a content child in so many ways. He loves to explore and study things. He's happy just waddling around the house checking things out. But he's also happy sitting and playing with different toys and objects. He loves to manipulate things, read books, and listen to music. He dances, "sings", and plays the drum. Last evening I was putting lotion on my hands and he started to imitate the motion. He adores his big sister and our cat, Elly, saying "yyooowwww" whenever he sees her. And he loves when Daddy comes home in the evenings. This is so sweet to see since Emma was still pretty attached to mom at this age. Can you tell I'm in love?! :)

8 comments:
What a cutie! It is so neat to see how kids react tp cake, isn't it?
Oops, that was supposed to say "to" cake.
Yes, I can tell you're in love and you should be! He is a sweetie pie - it is great that he got to enjoy a cupcake on his birthday. You only have a birthday once a year and you only turn one once in a lifetime. His reaction was priceless and I bet he'll dig right in when he turns two!!
I love the pictures of precious Andrew! I thought about him a lot yesterday and wished we could have been there with him and all of you! It's hard to believe a year has gone by since his birth! It's so neat Emma helped with the cupcakes-she's such a super helper. Thanks for sharing memories of the special day with us!
Love,
Mom and Grammy
How precious! Children grow up so fast! Enjoy all those special moments.
So excited for Andrew's birthday. He has really gotten to be a big boy. One year olds are so so much fun... So innocent and love their mommy so much. Cherish the babe, I know you are. I really enjoy caring for him when you need me too. Its special too me.
12 to 18 month olds are so much fun! I believe it is my favorite baby stage because they are so innocent and sweet. They express all of their emotions without reserve. Have fun with Andrew in this wonderous time. He is so cute!
Happy Birthday Andrew! So much happens in that first year, just think where you've been with Andrew over the last 12 months! He's such a sweet boy!
Beth
Post a Comment