Sunday, December 10

Chunky Vegetable Chili

As promised earlier this fall, I'm sharing my favorite soup recipes occasionally on this blog. This is one is delicious. It's quick to assemble and quite healthy too. The bonus is that you can put it in the crockpot and forget about it until dinner!!

Chunky Vegetable Chili

1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 in. pieces
1 medium green sweet pepper, coarsely chopped
1/2 c. coarsely chopped onion
1/2 c. coarsely chopped celery
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 -3 t. chili powder (we usually do 2)
1 t. dried oregano, crushed
1/2 t. ground cumin
2 - 14 1/2 oz. cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
17 oz. can whole kernal corn, undrained
15 oz. can black beans, rinsed & drained
8 oz. salsa

Combine everything in crockpot. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-5 hours. Serve with dollop of sour cream on top and/or shredded cheese.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! What a perfect soup to offset the lack of nutrition in the cookies I seem to be eating these days. :)

Anonymous said...

Kris, this sounds like a good recipe for the chili/music party that Brennemans have hosted the past two years (and it looks like they will do it again this year.) Maybe I'll offer to make it for that event, or maybe I should leave it to you since it's your recipe! :) I'd actually like to try it sooner, though, and I may make it for our family this week or next.