For the last couple of years, it has been my goal to make a pot of soup once a week during the fall and winter months. There are just so many soups that I love to eat and always ones I want to try. It's such a cozy food during the cooler weather. Perhaps I'll share my favorite soup recipes with you this fall on my site. If you have any recipes you recommend, I would love for you to share them.
I think this evening I will prepare Butternut Squash Bisque, a recipe recently shared with me by my friend, Lesley. I had it at her place last winter and it was so tasty. I also have the ingredients for my favorite carrot soup on hand. That one will probably be next week's soup. Here's the recipe:
Spicy Carrot Peanut Soup
1 T. olive oil
1 large onion
2 lbs. carrots, thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
1 celery stalk
2 cloves garlic
Saute above ingredients for 5 minutes. Add 6 c. water (I do half water and half chicken or vegie broth.) Boil and simmer until soft (about 25 minutes.) Stir in 2 T. peanut butter, 3 T. soy sauce, 2 T. lime juice. Blenderize and serve.
Hope you enjoy as much as we do!

8 comments:
Goodie! I'll be so excited to see your soup recipes. It's also a favorite food of mine so more soup comments will be to come one day on my blog... This afternoon got a little hot for soup, didn't it?
Hey Kris.. this is wonderful! I love the whole idea of this. I cannot wait to see your soup recipes .. I love a good pot of soup on a cool fall or winter day as well. I will definitely be checking out your blog as much as I can. How fun! Take care and talk to you soon. Love, Chan
Hi Kris,
Thanks for letting me know about your blog. I am not inclined to keep one myself but I enjoy reading other people's blogs. In fact, I learn things about Steve by reading his and his group's blog.
Hope your butternut squash soup is good. I have so many butternut in my garden. Come and get some!
Aunt Marilyn
Yes, yesterday afternoon got quite warm and I found myself slaving over a hot stove in a warm kitchen. I should've been reading a magazine or something in the warm sun...
And welcome, Chan and Aunt Marilyn. I'm glad you are visiting my blog. Aunt Marilyn, I wish I could come get some squash... if you were only a little closer. :)
Hey, just yesterday I was wishing we had more butternut squash left- I love that kind of squash! I made peanut/ carrot soup before we left for the shore and then froze what I didn't take along. Can't wait for more of your recipes and Emma/Andrew stories!
Love,
Mom
Yummmmmmm. I love soup too. I can hardly wait to try this recipe.
Here's my absolute favorite soup recipe
Easy Italian Sausage Vegetable Soup
1/2 lb bulk hot Italian sausage
1 cup sliced carrots
1 large baking potato, peeled, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 garlic clove, minced
28 oz beef broth
1 can (15 oz) chick peas
1 (14 1/2 oz) can pasta-style chunky tomoatoes, undrained
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
1 bay leaf
1 cup julienne-cut zucchini
grated fresh Parmesan cheese
Brown the sausage; drain. put everything in the crock pot except for the cheese and zucchini; stir genlty to mix
Cover; cook on low setting for 7-9 hours.
Remove bay leaf. Gently stir in zucchini. cover; cook an additional 30 minutes or until zucchini is tender. To serve, ladle soup into bowls; sprinkle with cheese.
I love to serve this with crusty bread, cheese and hot pepper jelly.
Oooh, thank you for the new recipe! It came at a perfect time... I've been looking through my recipes and planning meals this evening - one of my favorite activities! Can't wait to try it.
Love soups in the cooler months. Thanks for sharing...
Post a Comment