I love fall. It's such a refreshing time of the year. I love that it's not too hot or too cold (usually.) I adore the crisp feel and smell of the air. The leaves are so pretty turning colors. I realize as I get older that I am drawn toward fall colors - reds, oranges, browns. They feel like such strong colors to me.
I think one reason I enjoy fall so much is that I have so many positive memories associated with this time of year. As a student, I was always so excited to go back to school. I loved my friends and I knew school meant I would see them on a regular basis. I loved the busyness of all of my activities and going to football and soccer games. I also have such fond memories of playing field hockey. (Any easterners out there?) I played for five years with some of my very best friends. It was such a satisfying feeling to be part of a team - to work hard and have fun. I truly love the sport and while I would not hold up on the field anymore (not that I was ever a star or anything), I really wonder sometimes why I let myself end up in Indiana. They simply don't have the sport. What in the world?! A pick-up game would be fun, but perhaps too challenging for me 13 years later. But just to go watch a high school game or to know Emma could play later on... that would be nice.

No comments:
Post a Comment