This was one packed weekend. It started Friday evening when Pete and I (and 6 of our friends) went to GC to see Nickel Creek in concert. We've been fans of their bluegrass music for nearly 4 years. I used to listen to their first CD all the time when I was pregnant with Emma. When I read last winter that they were coming to concert on Sept. 29, I immediately put it on my calendar. Tickets to the public went on sale Sept. 1 at 8 am. I think I called at 7:59 am. All 200 were sold out by 8:50 am. It was so worth it! Their music was fabulous and they really put on a good show. Pete and I rarely get out for the evening and this was just the perfect date for us.
Pete's parents are here for the weekend... it's been planned for a couple of months. They came in time to be home with the kids on Friday evening. It's always nice to not have to call around for sitters. I made White Chili for us all before the concert (I'll post the recipe.)
On Saturday AM, I awoke at 5 AM to drive to Orville, Ohio for my Grandma's funeral. I left the kids home with Pete and his parents. What a good decision. Yes, it was a bit difficult to leave my baby for more than 5 hours, but he survived. Actually, he did quite well. And it was nice to be able to spend time with my family and not have to worry about two small children who can't sit through a funeral and a burial. I also really enjoyed driving ALONE in my car for 5 hours. I was operating on 4 1/2 hours of sleep though. Fortunately, my sister drove back with me that evening and shared some of the driving. My parents got here today so we're entertaining both families until the morning. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll catch up on some of this lost sleep.

2 comments:
That sounds like an excellent decision to leave the kids behind for the funeral and road trip. I know how road trips can go wrong with two little ones!!! It also probably was nice to be able to reflect on your Grandma's life, instead of keeping the children quiet and happy at the funeral. Now that Katie and Jackson can converse (via babble, laughing, screaming), it makes any car ride a less enjoyable. Five hours alone in a car sounds sublime!
I'm also glad you two had a much deserved night out. It's important to plan those times into your busy schedule.
First of all, I'm glad your trip was safe!
I have to say that I was thinking of you yesterday on your five hour car ride and it did sound pretty darn nice. Aside from how early you had to wake up. I am glad that Andrew did well and I hope you feel rested soon!
Post a Comment