Monday, October 23

Meals for the Week

I was a little late planning this week so I'm a little late posting...

Monday - Chicken Tortilla casserole, corn, peaches
Tuesday - Pot Roast with potatoes and carrots
Wednesday- FAB at church
Thursday - Corn Chowder, cheese, homemade bread if I'm ambitious
Friday/Saturday - dinner plans both evenings so less cooking!!

We head to the apple orchard with Emma's preschool class tomorrow so perhaps I'll treat my family to a homemade apple pie this week (okay, so my homemade pie uses a Pillsbury crust... it's worth the less stress for me, but I sure would like to take Sarah's seminar someday!!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you made the corn chowder before? I keep seeing recipes for corn chowder in magazines or online and they look kinda good. I've never made or tasted corn chowder, so I was curious about it.

Your menu looks good this week. I was planning on making an apple pie this week; just as soon as we finish eating the apple crisp from last week.

I'm so excited because today I got my first shipment of CC's coffee (from NO). We decided to start mail ordering. I've been missing it for so long....no more Starbucks!

Kris said...

I have not made the corn chowder before but it's a recipe from my friend, Beth. She served it last time we were at their house and it was delicious. Honestly, if I had seen corn chowder listed in a recipe book before, it never would have caught my eye. But this was so tasty!! I will post it sometime, giving Beth the credit of course!

Anonymous said...

I want to make crusts soon for the holidays. Perhaps we should set a date. Your meals look very yummy! Particularly the Chicken Tortilla Casserole. I've been craving Mexican food. Did you upgrade your blog to Beta? I like the new look!

Kris said...

I would love that. It would be more fun if I could work with you and learn your secrets. And yeah, the tortilla casserole was inspired by a couple of avocados that needed to be eaten.

I'm not sure if this is Beta. How do I know? I just wasn't inspired to write much last week but I felt like doing something on my blog, so I decided to change the look. I like the light better than the dark.

Anonymous said...

You would know if you switched it to Beta because it's a lot of work. I like changing the blog look every once in awhile - makes it feel new!

Anonymous said...

Hey y'all. I'd love to get in on a pie crust making workshop if there is one that will be open to the public!:) I've never really gotten the hang of doing my own crusts too well, I suppose since I haven't practiced enough. As a result, I shy away from making pies even though I really love them!