I remember reading some teen magazine when I was a teenager myself and it had this whole list of the popular phrases. "Maxin' and relaxin'" was one of them. I think the Fresh Prince (Will Smith) sang it in one of his songs. Anyway, it means to relax. That was difficult to figure out, wasn't it?
I decided to relax this evening. I have been so busy lately trying to take care of my family, my house, my marriage, my church commitments, keep up with family and friends, the list goes on. Then, of course, there's the whole needing to find Halloween costumes for the kids and boots and coats that fit (since we got our first snow last week!!) It's crazy. So tonight I made the decision to stay home when I could have met a bunch of women friends for the evening. It was a difficult choice to make, but I have something every other evening this week! While I missed you all this evening, I know I made a good choice to stay home. When the kids were in bed, I drew a bath and read a magazine. Aaah.
We all deserve to just kick back and relax sometimes. How do you like to relax? Anyone enjoy a cup of tea, a bath, and/or a book or magazine like I do? I also love a good massage but of course I have to drive and pay for those.
I challenge you all to take some time this week to do some maxin' and relax'. And tell me about it if you'd like.

5 comments:
I love to read (fiction mostly) and I love to blog and read other people's blogs.
We missed you tonight, too! Although I can understand the need to pull back and do some quality R and R. We have so many opportunities to do pretty much whatever we want these days. We also have many commitments inside and outside the home. One person cannot do it all.
I really enjoy plopping down on the couch and watching movies or senseless TV. I wish I could say I enjoy reading or taking a walk more but, that just wouldn't be truthful. I've never tried a massage (one I drove to and paid for) but, maybe someday I will.
Kris, I'm glad you could take some time for yourself. Sometimes that can feel more invigorating than a wild night out with the women! :)
I also enjoy taking a bath and reading a magazine to relax. Sometimes I watch Food Network shows too, and occasionally copy down some recipes. I used to watch Days of Our Lives more often, but these days I often find that it's not too relaxing anyway. And speaking of not relaxing...I have decided that I do not like Rachael Ray's new NBC show. She is just WAY too loud and intense for me. I do like her on her Food Network shows, though.
Lesley
Reading is good, isn't it? As long as it's for fun.
MCM - if you ever want a massage therapist recommendation, let me know. I understand that some people just do not enjoy them - don't like the touch or can't relax, whatever it may be. But if you think you might like it, let me know. You can always treat yourself to one for a birthday or holiday... or just for being you!
Lesley - I suppose watching TV is relaxing for me too. Although some shows get intense and then I'm not relaxed. I haven't checked out RR's new show yet but it's interesting you're not a fan. Maybe I won't waste my time then!
I relax by blogging...can't you tell???
Lesley, I am CRACKING UP because I have stopped TiVoing Days because it's so lame. And I don't like RR's show, either. It's way too much gusto to be relaxing.
I'm with you on the busy circuit, Kris. I have something every evening except one until November 2. It is fair to say that I am going to go crazy by then!!!
Post a Comment