Sunday, October 8

Fun Parties

One thing I love is a good party. I don't think I've hosted a really great one since before my children were born. Pete and I threw an '80s party when we moved in to our house. We had a blast planning and throwing it.

Last Thursday evening, I attended a Zag Bag/Silpada party at my friend, Sarah's house. She is a total domestic goddess (her blog link is to the left), so she hosted in style. Her house was immaculate (despite having two young boys), she had beautiful fall decorations and her menu was well-planned and quite delicious. There were probably at least 20 or more women throughout the course of the evening. While I didn't purchase any jewelry, I did design a zag bag. How fun!! I got to pick the style of bag and choose four different fabrics. Every woman needs a purse or a bag or some sort, so what better way to celebrate community with other women?

Well, I just read about another friend's recent party. My friend, Deb, moved to Portland a couple of years ago. I miss her dearly and wish I could see her more often, but it has been fabulous being able to keep up with her via blogs. She threw the coolest party... a Naked Lady Party. Please don't be alarmed, it's not what you may think. It's just a creative and fun way to reuse and recycle clothing. Read about it on her blog, http://debsbeesnest.blogspot.com/.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like fun!...Only, I would probably show up with a pitiful selection of clothing because I just cleaned out my closet. Any excuse to have a party is a good one.

You're right, Sarah's party was very well planned and so much fun. I can't wait to get my Zeplin bag.

I'm glad to "see" you back.

Anonymous said...

Kris, I read about the party on Deb's blog, and I think it could make a fun Maple Tree women's activity. I had actually read about this idea in a magazine before too. What do you think?

Lesley

Deb said...

Now I'm curious to see what a zag bag is. Pray tell!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself at my party! I also cannot wait to get my zag bag. I have the zoe and the original zag bag sublime coming my way...Deb you can read more about zag bags in an August post of mine.

Anonymous said...

I think the Naked Lady Party sounds like lots of fun! Lesley is right--we should do one for Mapletree women.

Kris