I thought I was ready to be done with this blog. I was going to just delete the whole thing, but Pete thought I should write a "farewell" post. So I decided to just wait a while to see if it turned out to be something I'd like to continue after taking a break.
After a good conversation with fellow blogger, Sarah, last evening, I decided to hold on for just a little longer. Originally, I entitled my blog "Pura Vida" because it's a phrase that stuck with me when I spent three months in Costa Rica during college. I liked the contentment and freedom that seemed to accompany the phrase. It was fun to say and brought a smile to my face. So perhaps I will return to blogging about things that do that for me. Despite the many challenges and gray areas of life, there are many things that make me happy.
We'll see how this goes for now. I still probably won't be real regular, but I have a renewed focus and that makes me happy. :)
p.s. I used to hate the color pink. Then I started to tolerate it when I had a little girl. Now I kind of like the color. This template color doesn't feel quite like me, but I thought I'd try it out for a while for the sake of something new.

8 comments:
Kris,
Glad to see you're back. You don't know how many times I've checked your blog, only to find you weren't there. (Maybe I need to get a life?) I don't want you to feel pressured to continue; you do what feels right to you. But I do enjoy connecting to you in this way. Have a wonderful 2007!
Aunt Marilyn
Hi Kris,
I hope you stick with it too because I love the way I feel connected to you across the miles when I read your blog. I like the idea of having a blog theme...pura vida!
I agree it's great to see you're back on. I have checked every few days or so to see if you had anything new and was happy to see this entry and the new color!
I'm glad for your entry! I think it's just fine to blog whenever you feel the need or urge, even if that means only once a month. BTW, love the pink. I only became a pink fan when my daughter stated it was her favorite color.
Kris- I love the pink! It is cute. Your reinspired entry has given me something to look forward too. I hope you continue to share what is important to you with me and all your loved ones. Kris, you are a genuine one...
I was so happy when I checked your blog today (as I do daily), and found you back on! I know you had mentioned to me when we were with you last week that you were thinking of discontinuing. I was disappointed for myself and the others who gain from your entries, but yet at the same time I understood that it has to feel right for the one writing the blog entries. So- I'll be eager for whenever and whatever you choose to share, dear daughter! And..love the pink- it's Enmma's current favorite color, so it has to be near the top of my list, too!
Love,
Mom
I wholeheartedly agree with the others, Kris, that I love your blog and hope that you continue it as long as it feels fun and life-giving. No stress, no guilt! :-)
I am so excited to see your new blog format (I like the pink!) and your renewed interest in blogging - I like the theme idea. I agree with everyone else, do it when it feels like something you want to do. I always enjoy reading what you have to post. Now I'm off to read your next post...
Post a Comment