Tuesday, January 16

Rest

You haven't heard from me lately because I've been trying to do more of something I don't do enough of... resting. I came down with something a week ago Monday evening- fever, chills, aches, nausea. I thought it was a stomach virus or a mild case of the flu, but I never did figure out exactly what it was since all of that only lasted for about 24 hours. It turned out to be a miserable cold and it majorly slowed me down. The house was a wreck and my family ate a lot of last-minute thrown-together meals. This past weeked I made resting my number one priority in hopes that by yesterday I would feel wonderful again. I was rather successful at resting, even though I haven't been sleeping well lately. And while I wouldn't describe myself as "wonderful" yesterday, I certainly feel 100% better than I did a week ago!! I really take my health for granted when I'm feeling fine. A big thanks to Pete who did more than his fair share of the parenting and household tasks this weekend when I was lounging.

I recently came across this quote. I think it's a good reminder for all of us.

Take rest; a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop. - OVID

No comments: