It wasn't planned, but we had a black and white theme this year. Actually, I had wanted to coordinate their costumes. I thought about doing a cowgirl/cowboy thing but then Sarah happened upon this cute penguin costume at a consignment shop. Ya'll know how much I love penguins so it was too good to pass up.Our little penguin wasn't crazy about his hood so it was quite tricky to get the full effect of the costume. The cowgirl had a blast dressing up for preschool and for the Fall Fun Fest at church. We didn't get out trick-or-treating this year since we attended the funeral of our dear friend, Aaron Hoober. Emma didn't seem to care a bit.
She still accumulated more than enough candy from the other parties. She keeps telling us to "hide it." Not sure that she fully understands what or why that would be as she knows where the "hiding" place is. I'm not too concerned since the two foods she begged for at the grocery store today were an orange and bunny carrots (regular carrots with the green attached as opposed to the very popular baby carrots.) How could I pass up those two requests?!

5 comments:
They are too darn cute! I have to say I think babies stole the fun fest this year. Andrew was too adorable as that little penguin. Emma was a very good cowgirl, too! Although Jonah is concerned that she's sad in the photo. I am reassuring him that she is not.
Kris, love the costumes, they are too cute. Can't wait to see your scrapbook on this event!!!
I have to say, my 4 yr. old calls them "bunny carrots" too!!! That is so funny! And for some reason, she likes them better than the baby carrots. We've been cutting those up lately and it's actually a nice change.
I agree with you Sarah that the babies stole the show!!! There was pea pod Kauffman and froggy Mathew to go along with pumpky Steiner & penguin Gingerich!!! I have to say my little niece was too irresistable in her cuddly bunny outfit & carrot!!
I loved the black and white theme. You could tell Emma was so proud of her costume, for a good reason! The penguin costume was cute too. Was it a penguin from the Madagascar movie?
I am so impressed that Emma was begging for bunny carrots!
I must add my enthusiasm for the cowgirl and penguin-adorable! I so wish I could have been there to
see them! I wonder if Emma wants the candy "hidden" so Mom and Dad will stay away from it!
Mom
Post a Comment