Here are meals I am prepared to cook this week:
- Chicken Corn Soup, Oatmeal Bread
- Sweet-spicy glazed salmon, baked sweet potatoes, asparagus
- Pork Chop Casserole, Acorn Squash
Happy cookin' and eatin' this week!
The phrase that embodies the Tico lifestyle is Pura Vida, literally translated as Pure Life, meaning roughly "Cool!" Friends often greet or salute each other with Pura vida mae (or Pure life, dude, which could be rendered as "Cool, dude!") This all-encompassing statement is used by many Costa Ricans (and expatriates) to refer to the free spirit and love for life of this tropical country. Also refers to the state of something going really well or being very positive.
Happy cookin' and eatin' this week!
2 comments:
Too bad we're not neighbors. Your meals look really yummy this week! What a lucky family that you have! :)
Thanks, Sarah. I'm trying the salmon one this evening. I think that'll take the most work around mealtime so hopefully the kids will give me some prep time. We'll see...
It would be fun if we were neighbors...
Post a Comment