Again, a post about food. I'm a little obsessed with food. I really like to eat and I really like to cook. So it makes sense that I really like to talk (or blog) about food. Anyway, I wanted to share this recipe with you all weeks ago when I tried it so this is long overdue. It comes from Good Housekeeping and called for chicken thighs (we used breasts instead.) It was so easy and so tasty. The whole family (my parents and sister were also visiting) gobbled it up.
Maple-Roasted Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
4 large skinless chicken thighs
2 small sweet potatoes (about 1 lb. total), peeled and cut into 1 in. chunks
1 small onion, cut into 1 in. pieces
16 oz. bag baby carrots or 8 oz. parsnips, cut into 1 in. chunks (I used the carrots)
1/4 cup maple syrup (I used the real stuff)
1. Preheat oven to 450.
2. In jelly roll pan or large shallow roasting pan, combine chicken, sweet potato chunks, onion, carrots, maple syrup, 1 t. salt, and 1/2 t. pepper, and toss to coat.
3. Roast chicken mixture 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear when thickest part of thigh is pierced with tip of knife and liquid in pan thickens slightly, stirring vegetables once and turning chicken over halfway through roasting.

3 comments:
Thanks for the recipe - I will try this one sometime!
I made it for my family last night (I was out for dinner) and Rob said they all loved it!!! I am eager to get to try the leftovers soon!
I'm glad they liked it so much. It's pretty easy to put together too, isn't it?
Post a Comment