Ha! Got y'all to read this one, didn't I?! Well, this was prompted by a conversation I had with some girlfriends this evening. We were joking about this "How To Be a Good Wife" article that's been circulated through the years. I guess there are a few nice, general tips, like "be happy to see him" and "listen to him," although I think those rules should be followed by both parties whenever possible. But overall, the list is pretty sad. Now don't get me wrong... I love my husband dearly and I know he works hard every day and I do think he deserves to be treated well. But so do I!! And yes, I really think women were created for purposes other than taking care of men and children. So there.
Feel free to visit this article on Snopes to read about how one might be a good wife.
p.s. Touch up my makeup? How about take a shower?! :) (Is my sarcasm obvious?)

8 comments:
Kris, now I'm REALLY sorry that I missed the last part of the time together last night. Sounds like the conversation must have been pretty good. Quite an amazing article, huh?
Am I the only one who doesn't see anything wrong with the article?
Anonymous.....
Yes, this is over the top. It would be a very interesting experiment, however, to do these ten things one day and see what happened. I'm pretty sure in my household I'd get some pretty hilarious looks if I was taking off his shoes and offering him a comfy chair as he walked in. Perhaps we should all try it and see what reactions we get!
Okay, "anonymous", any chance you have any estrogen in your body?
And Sarah, I LOVE your idea. I think anyone who tries this must share with the rest of us what it was like. Perhaps I'll do it sometime... it would take some gearing up and planning in advance to pull off in my household.
Yes! We all should try it and compare stories at the next women's nite. It would be hillarious. Thanks for posting the article.
I think that this idea is hilarious, and especially love MCM's idea of everyone trying it and comparing notes at the next Women's Nite!! I'm sure there would be a lot of husbands wondering what is going on... HA!
Yes, lets all try it. We'll report back at the next women's nite. Good idea Jen. I think to make it work though, we have to do this at least for 2-3 weeks straight.
Anonymous
OK we'll try this for 2-3 weeks straight if our husbands can treat us to the same treatment for the following 2-3 weeks.
Post a Comment