Tuesday, November 7

5 Point Harness

A friend of mine forwarded me this web video about the importance of 5 point harness carseats. I encourage anyone reading this post who ever drives or rides in a vehicle with children to take a few minutes to view this video. It makes a compelling argument for 5 point harness seats over booster seats. This video is VERY difficult to get through but I like to think it will save a life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have dial-up internet and cannot access the video in a reasonable amount of time. Can you tell us the pros of a 5 part harness for those of us who can't watch the video?

Anonymous said...

Wow...I wasn't aware of such a thing and I assumed I would be getting a booster seat for Katie at some point...I don't believe I will switch from a carseat to a booster. Thanks for this valuable information. I just wonder how effective and safe my vans seatbelts are. We have an older van and don't have latch belts. We don't have the added security of the top tether strap.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this Kris. I've seen it before and we've been talking at our house about upgrading the seats to last to 65 pounds. MCM, any dealership should be able to retrofit tether anchors to your van. From what I've heard it's pretty inexpensive.

Beth