Thursday, February 1

Project Complete





Our bathroom is complete... at least the painting part. It was quite a project this time. Of all the rooms we've painted in our house, this one was probably the most challenging in many ways. The space is so tiny and there were so many details to work around with the sink, cabinet, toilet, tub, etc. After three coats of blue and changing the trim from cream to white, we are very happy. It was hard to get good pictures so you'll have to come over to get the real effect. It's a darker blue, perhaps, that what appears in the picture. I splurged on some adorable towels and shower curtains which is how this whole project started. I haven't done it for any other rooms but I couldn't pass these up!

8 comments:

Lesley said...

Kris, this looks amazing! I love the rich blue color and the cute personalized towels.

Anonymous said...

Wow...very cool. Do love the towels. Might have to steal that idea;-) I know what you mean with doing bathrooms. I've done two already and am in the middle of doing the kid's bath now. Not an easy task...still in the middle of stripping wallpaper - yuck!

Mom of Double A said...

Very cute Kris!
Looks like a Pottery Barn ad!

Those dark colors take so many coats. We just did a rust-red in our family room.

Go colts! Love your snowman, too.

Jill

Sarah said...

It turned out great!!! I love the blue with white trim. I also love the towels, shower curtain and hand/footprints. Isn't it fun to have a "new" room once in awhile?!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Kris! I love the color and the personalized bath accessories for Emma and Andrew! I'm sure Emma will be proud to share her new bathroom with her grandparents!

Love,

Mom

Kris said...

Thanks, everyone, for your very kind compliments!! It's fun to share it with all of you online and not have to wait for each of you to visit. But that will be fun too...

Good luck, Michele, with that wallpaper. When I painted our bathroom 4 years ago, that was the worst. It was only border but it was a pain to remove. We lucked out this time... my dad did that for us when they visited over New Year's. Thanks again, Pa!!

Anonymous said...

Kris, your project turned out AWESOME. Martha Stewart, eat your heart out!! The color is wonderful, and I absolutely love the personal touches of the hand/foot prints and towels. It (well, almost) makes me want to paint a room to get a "fresh" start!

Anonymous said...

It looks great! Bathrooms and Kitchens are the worst rooms to paint. They take so much detail work and are so essential in your daily schedule. Another job well done.