Some of you have been hearing me talk about this book for a couple of weeks now. It's written by a guy named Don Miller and was recommended to me by a friend about two years ago. Well, I received it for Christmas and just finished it a few days ago. What an amazing book!!
He writes about his experience with spirtuality, his relationship with Jesus, how he struggles with certain ideas of Christianity, and how we might work to love ourselves and others as Jesus loves us. I found it to be challenging and inspiring and refreshing. He's so honest and real... reminds me a lot of Anne Lamott in this way.
Anyway, I highly recommend this book regardless of where you are or are not on your faith journey. And I'd love to hear what you think when you read it!!

5 comments:
Kris, I'm glad you enjoyed the book. Dad and I both found it to be a book we stayed with from start to finish-he's so honest and from the heart. Our youth pastor is currently using it as a discussion group for our youth.
Mom
So, are you willing to let someone (perhaps me) borrow the book? I'd love to read it.
Nate met Don Miller on a bike under a bridge in Portland this weekend. Seriously.
Loved the book. Totally honest, humerous, challenging, and more, one of my favorite books that I read last year. Have you read any thing else he's written? I'd like to get another one of his books but am not sure which one. He also has a blog that I check out occasionally.
c.weber
First of all, that's so cool, Deb. Did Nate get to talk to him much?
Marlene - you're on the list. There's three people so far that want to read it. I'm happy to lend it out to others so let me know.
And CJ, didn't know you read it too. Must be pretty popular now at Grantham. I haven't read any others but a friend has and enjoyed it as well.
Post a Comment